Underbody repair kit contains:
- Spray head
- FERTAN Rust Converter 1.1 quart (1 L)
- 2x Underbody Protection Aerosol 17 oz (500 ML)
Spray head for 1.1 Quart (1 litre) standard canisters with E42 adapter and 60 cm probe with 360° nozzle.
Nozzle outlet only Ø4.2 mm for special applications
FERTAN Rust Converter
One of the most trusted product by industries and classic car enthusiast for rust treatments for over 38 years. FERTAN products have been bestselling rust removers, coatings and primers in Germany and several other European countries for several years now.
FERTAN is very efficient at stopping and removing rust. Loose rust is washed off as dust and the remainder is converted to form a stable and inert surface suitable for coating/painting. FERTAN is a tannic acid, water based product. FERTAN combines superb performance with excellent credentials. In case of skin contact, clean with running water.
Removes Rust without Sandblasting
FERTAN is the optimal treatment for the removal of rust from all metal constructions including:
- vehicles and trailers
- ships, yachts, boats and marine equipment
- metal structures, gates, fences, gratings and railings
- tanks and voids
- constructional steel
FERTAN converts rust to an inert stable material that can be painted or coated. On bare metal, it prevents rust. It is extremely efficient and has unlimited shelf life.
- Loosen surface rust using a brush, abrasives or pressure washer.
- Apply FERTAN using a brush, roller or sponge and let it sit for about an hour.
- Dampen the treated surface with water to maximise penetration.
- Leave FERTAN to react with the surface for 24 hours at 68°F to 48 hours if lower for best results.
- Remove the black powdery dust with a damp cloth and leave it to dry.
- Paint the treated surface with paint within 6 months, for effective long-term results.
Safety: In case of contact with skin rinse the affected area under running water. In case of eye contact rinse well and seek medical attention. Not for human consumption.
Underbody Protection Wax
UBS 240 is durable underbody protection based on high-quality wax and very durable. The product contains no aromatic components and is PVC compatible. It also adheres in higher layer thicknesses to all body panels, axle parts, etc.
By using special high-quality components and additives, the product meets even the highest demands. UBS 240 also provides perfect protection against mechanical abrasion on endangered body parts, such as inner fenders, etc. Even in thin layers, the product protects and remains water-repellent. After derusting with FERTAN Rust Converter, UBS 240 offers perfect protection against rust and corrosion.
UBS 240 is not overpaintable, but can be applied in thin layers, e.g. over painted subfloors, while remaining elastic and compensating for body twisting. Shake can well before use or stir product well.
If several layers are applied, apply UBS 240 in layers with a flash-off time of approx. 2 hours/68°F. Even at high temperatures, the product can be optimally processed and does not drip. The optimum application temperature and the temperature of the bodywork should be at least 68° F.