Cavity restoration kit – Professional contains:
- Cavity protection gun
- FERTAN Rust Converter 1.32 Gal (5 L)
- 6x Cavity Protection Wax 1.1 quart (1 L)
FERTAN Rust Converter
One of the most trusted product by industries and classic car enthusiast for rust treatments for over 38 years. FERTAN products have been bestselling rust removers, coatings and primers in Germany and several other European countries for several years now.
FERTAN is very efficient at stopping and removing rust. Loose rust is washed off as dust and the remainder is converted to form a stable and inert surface suitable for coating/painting. FERTAN is a tannic acid, water based product. FERTAN combines superb performance with excellent credentials. In case of skin contact, clean with running water.
Removes Rust without Sandblasting
FERTAN is the optimal treatment for the removal of rust from all metal constructions including:
- vehicles and trailers
- ships, yachts, boats and marine equipment
- metal structures, gates, fences, gratings and railings
- tanks and voids
- constructional steel
FERTAN converts rust to an inert stable material that can be painted or coated. On bare metal, it prevents rust. It is extremely efficient and has unlimited shelf life.
- Loosen surface rust using a brush, abrasives or pressure washer.
- Apply FERTAN using a brush, roller or sponge and let it sit for about an hour.
- Dampen the treated surface with water to maximise penetration.
- Leave FERTAN to react with the surface for 24 hours at 68°F to 48 hours if lower for best results.
- Remove the black powdery dust with a damp cloth and leave it to dry.
- Paint the treated surface with paint within 6 months, for effective long-term results.
Safety: In case of contact with skin rinse the affected area under running water. In case of eye contact rinse well and seek medical attention. Not for human consumption.
Cavity Protection Wax
FERTAN Cavity Protection wax is a wax-based product specially developed for the cavity preservation of automobiles. After application, the product forms a transparent layer which provides excellent and long-lasting protection against rust and corrosion. FERTAN cavity protection wax meets the high requirements of the automotive industry for cavity protection, also with regard to processing and environmental protection requirements.
Before treating the surface with FERTAN cavity wax, the existing corrosion in the cavity should be removed. Please use the FERTAN rust converter for this purpose.
The homogeneous protective layer of the wax remains elastic for years, small cracks, e.g. due to body twisting, close automatically and the optimum protection is retained. The protective layer is not dissolved or removed, e.g. by solvents or cleaning agents.
Shake well before use.
- Apply FERTAN Cavity Protection wax into the cavities with a 360° nozzle.
- Use the holes drilled by the vehicle manufacturer or, if necessary, drill new holes to reach the deep parts of the cavity.
- The optimum processing temperature and the temperature of the body should be 68° F.
- Wax should always be applied in several thin layers. Each layer should be able to dry off at least 2 hours (better 12 hours) prior to applying the next layer. This creates a resistant protective layer.
FERTAN cavity protection wax does not drip. Any splashes or stains can be removed with white spirit.